Get into Teaching
The Get into Teaching website will support you with all aspects of becoming a teacher. This includes eligibility, exploring your options, how to apply, life as a teacher and gaining school experience.
Please click the image below for a Get into Teaching overview:
Postgraduate bursaries and scholarships are only available for the subject listed below. You cannot receive both a teaching bursary and a scholarship.
For 2023 to 2024, we are offering bursaries of:
• £27,000 in chemistry, computing, mathematics and physics
• £25,000 in geography and languages (including ancient languages)
• £20,000 in biology and design and technology (including engineering and food technology)
• £15,000 in English
Applicants may be eligible for a bursary if they have a 1st, 2:1, 2:2, PhD or masters.
We are offering scholarships of:
• £29,000 in chemistry, computing, mathematics and physics
• £27,000 in French, German and Spanish (no other languages)
Scholarships are usually available to applicants with a 1st, 2:1, master’s or PhD, though in exceptional circumstances they may be awarded to a graduate with a 2:2 and significant relevant experience.
Scholarships also come with a package of additional benefits from the relevant scholarship body:
• tax free scholarship
• membership to the professional body
• subject specialist events and webinars held by professional bodies
• online and face-to-face workshops across the country
• subject specialist mentors and coaching
• community of scholars (ex-scholars, teachers, subject leaders)
• access to classroom resources
• continuing professional development (CPD) and networking events during ITT year and alumni
Scholarships are applied for separately to ITT and only awarded to high calibre students who pass a robust application and interview process in one of the specialist subject areas. Scholarships are awarded instead of a bursary.
Scholarship applicants should apply to the relevant scholarship body.
Details are available at Get Into Teaching.
Teach North West
This is a partnership for all school-led training providers to work collaboratively to ensure a quality provision for all those training within our schools. The website offers provider information for a range of school-led providers across the north west region.