School uniform plays a valuable role in contributing to the ethos of CHS South. Our uniform identifies students as part of our CHS South community and instils pride in it. Being appropriately dressed helps students to develop a positive mind set for learning and supports them in being successful, creative and happy; we are proud to support a gender-neutral uniform policy.
CHS South uniform
- White button neck shirt/blouse. Should be tucked into trousers/skirt at all times
- Black, traditional school trousers. Full length. No chinos, jeans or ‘jean like’ trousers. No skinny jeans or leggings
- Plain black school shoes or all black trainers. No white or coloured soles/rim/logos
- Plain black socks or plan black/opaque tights. Patterned tights are not permitted.
- Blazer with embroidered logo. Compulsory for all Years
- CHS South skirt. Black traditional style material and regular length. Two styles available to choose from. Skirts are branded with a small version of the school logo.
- School tie. To be worn up to the top button and tied correctly. Five stripes should be shown.
- Optional knitted jumper or cardigan. Black v neck knitted jumper or cardigan with embroidered logo.
- Where a headscarf is worn for religious reasons it must be plain black or school grey with no decorations or tassels.
CHS South PE Kit
- Black sports t shirt with embroidered logo
- Black shorts with embroidered logo
- Black hockey/football socks
- Supportive sports trainers
- Football boots
- Optional black sports top with embroidered logo
- Optional black jogging pants with embroidered logo
- Optional skirt/shorts combination with embroidered logo
Additional regulations and guidance:
- Nails should be natural in appearance, not extreme in colour and should be an appropriate and safe length for a working environment
- Piercings should not be extreme and should be appropriate and safe for a working environment
- If worn at all make up should be subtle and natural in appearance
The following items should not be worn:
- Boots/fashion footwear above the ankle
- Non-black trainers or sports/casual shoes
- Jeans & ‘jean like’ trousers
- Hooded tops/sweat-tops/non-uniform cardigans
- Caps are not allowed anywhere in school. Hats must not be worn inside the building.
- External coats/jackets are not to be worn inside the school building.
All items of uniform should be labelled with the student’s name. Students who lose items of uniform/equipment should contact reception where lost property is stored.
Failure to wear school uniform
All students are required to attend school in full school uniform; parent/carer cooperation in this respect is expected. Only regulation uniform should be worn. Items that do not meet the school’s policy will need to be removed or replaced. Students who arrive at school without correct uniform will be sent to the uniform store to ensure they are wearing correct uniform. They will be expected to wear the uniform provided, which will be collected from them at the end of the day. If appropriate spare uniform is not available in school, parents will be contacted and the student sent home to change. Persistent poor uniform will result in the school’s behaviour consequence system being used.
School suppliers for the 2018/19 academic year will be:
Stretford Arndale Shopping Centre
Tel: 0161 865 3142
If parents and carers are experiencing difficulty in purchasing school uniform then please contact the school for support.
We want all students to be equipped to learn, every day. They should bring to school a pencil case, containing black or blue pens, pencils and a ruler; students should have a spare pen and pencil as a minimum. We encourage pupils to take pride in their presentation so a well-stocked pencil case might also include a pack of coloured pencils, highlighters and a glue. The best place to buy equipment for school is at a big supermarket but if a pupil needs to replace all their equipment, we sell pre-stocked pencil cases at reception; parents can pay for these using school gateway.
In order for students to feel confident in using a calculator, both during lesson time and at home, we recommend that students buy their own. The model we recommend is the Casio FX-83GT, available on Amazon, Argos and most big supermarkets.
Students should bring a bag suitable to carry their books (A4 size), equipment and sports kit for every lesson. All students are expected to take responsibility for their books and equipment.