School uniform plays a valuable role in contributing to the ethos of CHS South. Our uniform identifies students as part of our CHS South community and instils pride in it. Being appropriately dressed helps students to develop a positive mind set for learning and supports them in being successful, creative and happy; we are proud to support a gender-neutral uniform policy.
CHS South uniform
- White button neck shirt/blouse. Should be tucked into trousers/skirt at all times
- Black, traditional school trousers. Full length. No chinos, jeans or ‘jean like’ trousers. No skinny jeans or leggings
- Plain black school shoes or all black trainers. No white or coloured soles/rim/logos
- Plain black socks or plan black/opaque tights. Patterned tights are not permitted.
- Blazer with embroidered logo. Compulsory for all Years
- CHS skirt. Black traditional style material and regular length. Two styles available to choose from. Skirts are branded with a small version of the school logo.
- School tie. To be worn up to the top button and tied correctly. Five stripes should be shown.
- Optional knitted jumper or cardigan. Black v neck knitted jumper or cardigan with embroidered logo.
- Where a headscarf is worn for religious reasons it must be plain black with no decorations or tassels.
Additional regulations and guidance
- The following items are not allowed in school:
- Boots/fashion footwear above the ankle
- Non-black trainers or sports/casual shoes
- Hats or caps
- Jeans & ‘jean like’ trousers
- Hooded tops/sweat-tops/non-uniform cardigans
- External coats/jackets are not to be worn inside the school building.
All items of uniform should be labelled with the student’s name. Students who lose items of uniform/equipment should contact Student Services where lost property is stored.
Students should bring a bag suitable to carry their books (A4 size), writing equipment and sports kit for every lesson. All students are expected to take responsibility for their books and equipment.
Failure to wear school uniform
All students are expected to attend school in full school uniform. Parent/carer cooperation in this respect is required. Only regulation uniform should be worn. Items that do not meet the school’s policy will need to be removed or replaced.
Students who arrive at school without correct uniform will be sent to the uniform store to ensure they are wearing correct uniform. They will be expected to wear the uniform provided, which will be collected from them at the end of the day.
If appropriate spare uniform is not available in school, parents will be contacted and the student sent home to change.
Persistent poor uniform will result in the school’s behaviour consequence system being used.
School suppliers for the 2018/19 academic year will be:
- John McHugh: Stretford Arndale Shopping Centre (Tel: 0161 865 3142) www.johnmchughschoolwear.co.uk
If parents and carers are experiencing difficulty in purchasing school uniform then please contact the school for support.