18 December 2020
As we move towards the festive break, I want to pause and celebrate the achievements of our community over the Autumn Term and to thank you for your ongoing support.
Thank you to each student, staff and family member who has supported us to overcome the challenges of the past Term. Your efforts have allowed us to remain open to all Year Groups, every day for the duration of the Autumn Term. We have also encountered low numbers of positive COVID cases in our school community thanks to the ongoing efforts we have all made to remain safe. Our students have been supported to restore and renew whilst in school and we have been able to safely deliver a curriculum to our students that preserves the breadth and balance we believe our students need to be creative, happy & successful.
Despite the limitations of the ongoing pandemic, we have many achievements to celebrate and share with you from the Term gone by – perhaps even more so than ever! Please click https://www.chssouth.org.uk/parents/communication-with-home/parent-email-newsletters to find out more about all things CHS South in our Autumn 2020 edition of ‘Spotlight on South’, including an exciting update on our new home at Hough End!
The Autumn Term ends today for students and staff. As you may be aware, schools have been asked to continue to play a role in ‘contact tracing’ at the start of the Christmas holidays. This means that if we are informed that a student or staff member has tested positive between Monday 21st - Thursday 24th December, we will contact parents/carers of any students who have been in close contact with them so they can then self-isolate. This communication will clearly state the dates that your child would then need to self-isolate in line with public health advice.
The arrangements for this process at CHS South are as follows:
- If your child develops COVID symptoms, then please arrange for them to be tested as soon as possible
- If the COVID test result is positive, please contact the school via email as soon as possible using the school’s admin email address - [email protected]. This mailbox will be remotely supervised, from Monday 21st to Thursday 24th December
- If the school is notified of a positive case over this period, we will then email the parents/carers of students who have been identified as close contacts in lessons. Please check your emails daily to ensure you are not affected
- This process will be managed remotely as the school is officially closed, so there will not be anyone that can take a call at this time; if we contact you, the communication will give the details of how to receive any further support
- If you identify a positive case after 24th December, you will need to contact Test & Trace for further advice
- If your child develops symptoms or tests positive for COVID near the start of the Spring Term, then please notify us on our staff INSET day on Monday 4th January 2021 so we can ensure that we can provide appropriate support
As I informed you earlier today, all students in Years 7, 8, & 9 will work at home from Tuesday 5th to Friday 8th January and access their learning through our Microsoft Teams remote learning platform. We plan for all students to return to CHS South on Monday 11th January 2021 (arrival from 8:35am for Year 9 & 8:50am for Years 7 & 8); we will confirm this when we return in January.
Until then, I wish you a safe and peaceful festive season with your loved ones, and a happy and healthy 2021; if you are feeling in the festive spirit give our click https://vimeo.com/492394291 to watch our students and staff sing a Christmas classic!