23 March 2020
To support us to reduce the amount of staff coming in to work to provide emergency support for identified groups of students, from tomorrow we will be located at Chorlton High School, next door to CHS South. If you have any enquiries you need to direct to CHS South please use the email addresses provided in our communication last week; the phone lines at CHS South will not be staffed. If you need to make contact regarding our provision at Chorlton High School please contact Chorlton High School reception on 0161 882 1150.
Students who qualify to access the educational provision we are offering should expect the following from tomorrow:
- Students will arrive via the reception entrance at Chorlton High School at 8:30am each morning in full school uniform.
- Students will enter the building in pairs and be taken to wash their hands. They will then be taken through to the Blue Box theatre. Students will be given breakfast during this time.
- Students will then, dependent on staffing, be taught in separate Year groups following a subject timetable. CHS South & Chorlton High students will be taught in the same classes by either a CHS South or Chorlton High member of staff
- Students will be in the main playground at break and lunch time to ensure social distancing rules can apply. A cold packed lunch will be available at lunchtime for those who want to access it.
- The school day will finish at 2:45pm when students will leave by the main entrance.
It is important to underline that whilst schools, colleges and other educational establishments remain safe places for children, the fewer making the journey to school, and the fewer children in educational settings, the lower the risk that the virus can spread and infect vulnerable individuals in wider society. So, here is our request: if your child can be safely cared for at home then please keep them there to reduce the risk of Covid-19 spreading. We are here for families who have no alternative.
We are aware that there have been a number of issues with Doddle today – this is due to the high volume of students across the country accessing this site. The Doddle Team are working to improve this as swiftly as possible. Please refer to my previous letter for details of alternative sites to use and the suggested reading materials.
In terms of the Easter holidays; if you are a key worker please let the school know by the end of the day Wednesday, 25th March if you will require emergency childcare for this period.
Many thanks & best wishes,